Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Whimsical Mumbai, my little online store started exactly as the name suggests – on a whim. I always wanted a shop-around –the –corner kind-of store but the rents were daunting. My friend and one time art-partner Vineetha, author of the very successful artnlight blog, suggested an online store and that’s how it all began.
I had always been making pieces of furniture and table linen for myself and my friends. Ten years in advertising helped hone the finer senses. The reason why I began making things for myself was either because I could not find what I wanted in stores or because it never seemed to fit my budget. Oh why does the budget always seem inadequate!
In Whimsical Mumbai I will feature hand crafted articles produced essentially by me with the help of my karigars(artisans). There is a clear focus on small accent furniture pieces and household linen in my store. Most of the table linen is dressy and fussy looking (it wouldn’t show up otherwise among all the fancy crockery!) but I have tried to keep them easy in terms of washing instructions.
Most of my products have a colonial, indulgent look but are customized to accent modern houses.
Please contact me at reshom@gmail.com for any enquires. I would be happy to customize things as well. I am limiting my distribution to the city of Mumbai for a month but would be happy to look at other cities, oh for god’s sake, it is the world wide web isn’t it!

2 comments:

  1. Ye! welcome to the blogging world Reshom! You are the 1st person I thought of when I started blogging- you will rock it! And thanx for calling my blog 'successful'. It totally makes me grin and harbour grand notions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey reshom,

    just rediscovered you via vineeta's blog. hope you remember me from the lowely world of washing dishes and clothes the lever way!!!???
    believe me your furniture is fantastic and more than anything else just to see the wonderful way in which you have moved on ... you girls give me hope that someday I can give wings to a dream really close to my heart. stay in touch - sethsheena@gmail.com - sheena seth

    ReplyDelete